Wednesday, December 11, 2013

a birthday present to myself...

As I embark on my 34th year (or rather, the sixth anniversary of my 28th birthday), I'm following some advice from a college friend (thanks Chrissann!) to start my own recipe blog. It makes perfect sense: I love to cook, I love to take pictures of what I eat (and by that I mean I love forcing Jonathan to take pictures of what I eat), and most of all, I love sharing with friends. A blog helps me do all of that! Maybe, just maybe, one of these days I'll share my recipe for super awesome Vietnamese Cha Gio. Maybe.

A little bit about the name of my blog: "Heo" means "pork" in Vietnamese. How do you pronounce it? Imagine you're a southerner saying the phrase, "What the hell?!" Now imagine you're a SUPER southerner with one of those accents you only see on TV and hear on cheesy southern radio stations, and you don't even pronounce the L's at the end of the word. That's how you pronounce "heo". (I should give a shout out to Jonathan for inspiring the title of this blog...I've heard him many a time use the word "hell" and realized it didn't sound like "hell" at all, but rather "heo". I'm pretty sure at some point I'll need to get him a t-shirt that says, "What the heo?" It's almost as funny as a shirt that says, "What the pho?")

No comments:

Post a Comment