Sunday, May 4, 2014

Baked Chicken Thighs with White Wine Mushroom Sauce


Hats off to Jon Novak for posting this recipe on his new recipe blog! (And thanks to Chrissann for suggesting we both do it!) 

I made it with some changes: 1) I used bone-in skin-on chicken THIGHS instead of breasts. (I can't help it - I love dark meat. [insert inappropriate frat boy joke. Or, a joke that Jonathan Simms would make...]) 2) I cooked the chicken in an iron skillet, browned the mushrooms in my Dutch oven, deglazed the remnants of the browned mushrooms in said Dutch oven, but then poured that sauce into the iron skillet once I removed the chicken to rest (to take advantage of the browned goodiness of the baked chicken!) 3) Maybe because of the chicken drippings, or because I used salted butter (sorry! Jon!), I added a dash of sugar to the sauce to even out the saltiness.

It turned out wonderfully! The iron skillet crisped the skin of the chicken beautifully.  The users were kale sautéed with moron, soy sauce and garlic, and mashed sweet potatoes with maple syrup, butter and a dash of cayenne pepper.

Here's the link to Jon's recipe for the chicken:

No comments:

Post a Comment