Saturday, February 8, 2014

Broiled Lobster Tails, Crab Cakes and Sautéed Swiss Chard


Lobster tails and Crab Cakes were on sale at Fresh Market, and I'm never one to pass up a good deal!

For the lobster tail, I use a very simple technique. I cut the tails in half, pour on some melted butter seasoned with Old Bay, and broil for 7-10 minutes. Season with some squeezed meter lemon.

The crab cakes were already made so I just reheated them in a pan with some butter. Season with some squeezed meter lemon.

For Swiss chard, I throw in the stems first and sauté them in a pan with olive oil, garlic, a few splashes of mirin, and some soy sauce. I add the leaves and cover the pan and let it cook for about 7 minutes.

Re: Meyer Lemon - splurge and get yourself a meyer lemon. It's a bit sweeter than a regular lemon and doesn't have a very thick rind at all. They're a tad more expensive than a regular lemon, but well worth the extra quarter or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment